[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=”]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
Atlantic Link partners with Palagio Engineering to bring their terracotta ventilated rainscreen wall cladding systems to the U.S. This system, which is well-established in Europe, Middle East and Asia, is still innovative in North America.
Their factory is located in the Chianti area near Florence, famous not only for its wine but also for its terracotta manufactures. The area is rich in unique and prestigious clay, allowing Palagio to obtain a durable and frost-resistant material with excellent chromatic characteristics.
Ventilated façades need to meet modern architecture’s efficiency requirements. Palagio’s ventilated rainscreen walls meet these requirements in the following ways:
- They are faster to install than traditional masonry.
- Walls drain very quickly and effectively, preventing moisture-related issues.
- The open-joints concept allows air to flow through the exterior barrier, shielding the building from the elements like: rain, ice, wind and UV rays.
- Vertical only channels allow for a faster and more efficient airflow, resulting in less need for air conditioning, less emissions, and more energy savings.
- They have the same characteristics as masonry such as maintenance, fire, impact, vandal resistance and colorfastness, but are lighter and faster to assemble, replaceable and completely recyclable.
These features of a ventilated façade make it an excellent choice for maintenance and durability. Palagio offers these standard wall cladding solutions panels:
In addition to these standard options, Bespoken pieces for custom projects are Palagio’s specialty. More information about these ventilated façades is found on the Palagio website.