[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=”]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
We see buzzwords like “eco-friendly” “green” and “environment-friendly” everywhere today. What qualifies a product as eco-friendly?
Eco-friendly products are foremost non-toxic. Additional considerations include sustainability and use of recycled material in the product. Biodegradable components and industrial wastes that are less taxing on landfills and the ecosystem are also part of the equation.
Lea Ceramiche, a U.S. Green Building Council Member and creator of Slimtech, is proud to be recognized at the international level, for its cutting-edge production systems, technologies and high quality eco-compatible products. With its products and production site innovation, Lea Ceramiche even contributes to obtaining LEED certification. Slimtech in particular is truly eco-friendly at every stage from manufacturing, shipping, installation to the end product:
- 100% Industrial waste reused – non-fired tiles
- 100% Industrial Waste Recycled – fired tiles
- 100 % waste water recycled – safeguard of natural resources
- 100% recyclable packing materials
- 5 U.S. made collections, Crayon, Emperor, Fence, Trace and Vivaldi, are produced in Kentucky to Lea’s exacting standards while reducing carbon footprint.
Slimtech Eco-Friendly Installation
- Installation on solid surfaces eliminates the need for demolition and waste removal, saving time, money and eliminates waste destined for the landfill.
- Ceramic slabs can be glued directly over existing surfaces (wood, ceramic tile, stone and metal) with a minimum of surface preparation.
- Completely customizable slabs in thickness: 3 mm (0.118”) perfect for use on walls, 3.5 mm (0.138”) and 5 mm (0.197”) for floors. Slabs are up to 1000x3000mm (approximately 40” x 118”)
Eco-Friendly End Product
- 40% pre-consumer recycled material
- Superior Thermal Conductivity (ideal for Radiant heat)
- No VOC
- Ceramic tile is a sustainable product – eco-friendly from creation throughout its lifecycle
Meeting eco-friendly building standards need not be a challenge. Help follow the principle, “Do No Harm” (to the environment) with your design and building projects with Slimtech tiles.